Our research is in computer architecture, systems, security, and bioinformatics. Our work spans and stretches the boundaries between applications, systems, languages, system software, compilers, and hardware. We tackle many issues in high performance, energy efficiency, hardware security, fault tolerance, predictable systems, dependable systems, and hardware/software cooperation. We are especially excited about novel, fundamentally-secure and fundamentally-efficient computation, communication and memory/storage paradigms, applied to emerging systems, technologies, and bioinformatics/medical applications. Group members also work in the areas of system design for bioinformatics and biologically inspired computing paradigms.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated students and researchers. If you are an ETH student and are interested in doing a bachelor or master’s thesis with us, or a semester project, please see our Theses and Projects page for potential topics.
If you are about to finish your bachelor or master’s degree or are already doing research and are interested in working with us at any level (internship, PhD, postdoc, visiting scholar), please visit our Work with us page.
- Mohammed’s talk “A Roadmap for Fast and Efficient Genome Analysis” is onlineJanuary 17, 2020Mohammed Alser was in Japan in December and gave a series of talks. His talk video on “A Roadmap for Fast and Efficient Genome Analysis” at the University of Tokyo Shirokanedai Campus, 20 Dec 2019 is now online! Slides (pptx) (pdf) […]
- Maurice Wilkes Award interview on YouTubeJanuary 15, 2020Onur’s Maurice Wilkes Award interview at ISCA’19 with Xuehai Qian and his students Youwei and Qinyi is now on YouTube! YouTube interview link: https://youtu.be/8ffSEKZhmvo Article ETH D-INFK Communications: ACM SIGARCH Maurice Wilkes Award goes to Prof. Onur Mutlu Links to the Chinese videos and […]
- ChinaSys keynote talk: Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent MachinesJanuary 4, 2020Onur Mutlu‘s keynote talk at the 17th ChinaSys Workshop, in Zhuhai, China, 20 December 2019 is now online! “Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent Machines” Keynote talk at the 17th ChinaSys Workshop, Zhuhai, China, 20 December 2019. [Slides (pptx) (pdf)] [Talk Video Version 1 […]
- Processing data where it makes sense in modern computing systems: keynoteDecember 2, 2019Onur Mutlu‘s keynote on Processing Data Where It Makes Sense in Modern Computing Systems: Enabling In-Memory Computation at the International Symposium on Advanced Parallel Processing Technology (APPT), Tianjin, China on 16 August 2019 is now online: Video via @YouTube Slides (pptx) Slides […]
- “Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent Machines” keynote at SAMOS2019 now onlineOctober 15, 2019Onur‘s keynote at the 19th International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS), Samos, Greece, 10 July 2019 is now online! Slides (pptx) (pdf) […]