The SAFARI Research Group is led by Professor Onur Mutlu. Our research is in computer architecture, systems, security, and bioinformatics. Our work spans and stretches the boundaries between applications, systems, languages, system software, compilers, and hardware. We tackle many issues in high performance, energy efficiency, hardware security, fault tolerance, predictable systems, dependable systems, and hardware/software cooperation. We are especially excited about novel, fundamentally-secure and fundamentally-efficient computation, communication and memory/storage paradigms, applied to emerging systems, technologies, and bioinformatics/medical applications. Group members also work in the areas of system design for bioinformatics and biologically inspired computing paradigms.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated students and researchers. If you are an ETH student and are interested in doing a bachelor or master's thesis with us, or a semester project, please see our Theses and Projects page for potential topics.
If you are about to finish your bachelor or master’s degree or are already doing research and are interested in working with us at any level (internship, PhD, postdoc, visiting scholar), please visit our Work with us page.
- Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent MachinesApril 18, 2019Onur was in Abu Dhabi this week at the SRC-Mubadala-Khalifa Forum on The Future of Artificial Intelligence Hardware Systems and gave a keynote talk on “Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent Machines” His slides are now online: Slides (pptx) (pdf) […]
- Rowhammer and BeyondApril 8, 2019Onur Mutlu gave a keynote talk last week on “RowHammer and Beyond” at the 10th International Workshop on Constructive Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Design (COSADE) in Darmstadt. His slides are now online PPTX: bit.ly/2G1D8vf See his talks page for more: […]
- Google Faculty Research Award for SAFARI!March 18, 2019The Google Faculty Research Awards for 2018 were recently announced, and our group received an award in the Mobile category! The Google Faculty Research Awards Program supports world-class, permanent faculty pursuing cutting-edge research in areas of mutual interest. The award is highly […]
- Distinguished Lecture at GWU onlineFebruary 27, 2019Onur Mutlu gave the Distinguished Lecture on “Processing Data Where It Makes Sense in Modern Computing Systems: Enabling In-Memory Computation” at George Washington University, Washington, DC, on Feb 15 2019. The slides and video are now online: Slides (pptx) […]
- Keynote talk at AACBBFebruary 18, 2019Onur Mutlu gave the keynote talk on “Accelerating Genome Analysis: A Primer on an Ongoing Journey” at the AACBB workshop on Friday Feb 16, held jointly with HPCA 2019. His talk is now online: Slides (pptx). Onur Mutlu, “Accelerating Genome Analysis: A Primer on an Ongoing […]