Our research is in computer architecture, systems, security, and bioinformatics. Our work spans and stretches the boundaries between applications, systems, languages, system software, compilers, and hardware. We tackle many issues in high performance, energy efficiency, hardware security, fault tolerance, predictable systems, dependable systems, and hardware/software cooperation. We are especially excited about novel, fundamentally-secure and fundamentally-efficient computation, communication and memory/storage paradigms, applied to emerging systems, technologies, and bioinformatics/medical applications. Group members also work in the areas of system design for bioinformatics and biologically inspired computing paradigms.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated students and researchers. If you are an ETH student and are interested in doing a bachelor or master's thesis with us, or a semester project, please see our Theses and Projects page for potential topics.
If you are about to finish your bachelor or master’s degree or are already doing research and are interested in working with us at any level (internship, PhD, postdoc, visiting scholar), please visit our Work with us page.
- Onur receives the IEEE Computer Society Edward J. McCluskey Technical Achievement AwardFebruary 21, 2020Onur Mutlu is this year’s recipient of the IEEE Computer Society prestigious 2020 Edward J. McCluskey Technical Achievement Award “for innovative and impactful contributions to computer memory systems.”Congratulations Onur! Read more: IEEE Computer Society News:Onur Mutlu Selected to Receive IEEE […]
- Computer Architecture course and lecture videos now onlineFebruary 5, 2020The full set of Onur Mutlu‘s 2019 graduate-level computer architecture course lectures at ETH Zurich is online, along with all lecture videos, slides, and course materials: Course website Youtube playlist […]
- Mohammed’s talk “A Roadmap for Fast and Efficient Genome Analysis” is onlineJanuary 17, 2020Mohammed Alser was in Japan in December and gave a series of talks. His talk video on “A Roadmap for Fast and Efficient Genome Analysis” at the University of Tokyo Shirokanedai Campus, 20 Dec 2019 is now online! Slides (pptx) (pdf) […]
- Maurice Wilkes Award interview on YouTubeJanuary 15, 2020Onur’s Maurice Wilkes Award interview at ISCA’19 with Xuehai Qian and his students Youwei and Qinyi is now on YouTube! YouTube interview link: https://youtu.be/8ffSEKZhmvo Article ETH D-INFK Communications: ACM SIGARCH Maurice Wilkes Award goes to Prof. Onur Mutlu Links to the Chinese videos and […]
- ChinaSys keynote talk: Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent MachinesJanuary 4, 2020Onur Mutlu‘s keynote talk at the 17th ChinaSys Workshop, in Zhuhai, China, 20 December 2019 is now online! “Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent Machines” Keynote talk at the 17th ChinaSys Workshop, Zhuhai, China, 20 December 2019. [Slides (pptx) (pdf)] [Talk Video Version 1 […]