Our research is in computer architecture, systems, security, and bioinformatics. Our work spans and stretches the boundaries between applications, systems, languages, system software, compilers, and hardware. We tackle many issues in high performance, energy efficiency, hardware security, fault tolerance, predictable systems, dependable systems, and hardware/software cooperation. We are especially excited about novel, fundamentally-secure and fundamentally-efficient computation, communication and memory/storage paradigms, applied to emerging systems, technologies, and bioinformatics/medical applications. Group members also work in the areas of system design for bioinformatics and biologically inspired computing paradigms.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated students and researchers. If you are an ETH student and are interested in doing a bachelor or master’s thesis with us, or a semester project, please see our Theses and Projects page for potential topics.
If you are about to finish your bachelor or master’s degree or are already doing research and are interested in working with us at any level (internship, PhD, postdoc, visiting scholar), please visit our Work with us page.
- “Intelligent Architectures for Intelligent Machines” keynote at SAMOS2019 now onlineOctober 15, 2019Onur‘s keynote at the 19th International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS), Samos, Greece, 10 July 2019 is now online! Slides (pptx) (pdf) […]
- We are at MICRO this week presenting EDEN, SMASH, DSPatch and Binary Star!October 14, 2019We are at MICRO 2019 this week: the 52nd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture, Oct 12 – 16 in Columbus Ohio. Check out the lightning talks of our latest papers! EDEN: Enabling Energy-Efficient, High-Performance Deep Neural Network Inference Using Approximate DRAM, Skanda […]
- Onur talks on “RowHammer and Beyond” at ESAOctober 13, 2019Onur enjoyed giving the keynote talk on Rowhammer and Beyond at the 32nd IEEE International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI and Nanotechnology Systems, October 2 – October 4, 2019, ESA-ESTEC & TU Delft, Netherlands [Slides (pptx)] (pdf)] [Related Overview Paper (IEEE TCAD 2019)] […]
- Maurice Wilkes Award speech and interview on Youku!September 24, 2019Onur’s Maurice Wilkes Award speech, and interview at ISCA’19 with Xuehai Qian and his students Youwei and Qinyi are now on Youku! Youku interview link: https://dwz.cn/XGD9Ur1A Transcript of the interview (English): https://safari.ethz.ch/maurice-wilkes-award-interview/ Chinese article transcript of […]
- Student Presenter Award at SRC’s TECHCONSeptember 12, 2019Damla Senol just received the “Top 10 Best Student Presenter Award” at the SRC’s TECHCON conference in Austin Texas. She received the award for her presentation of BitMAC: An In-Memory Accelerator for Bitvector-Based Sequence Alignment of Both Short and Long Genomic Reads. […]